HEAL.med CIC is a Not-For-Profit social enterprise in the form of a Community Interest Company which aims to bring innovative education to children and young people who have had a life-changing diagnosis of type-1 diabetes.
We create engaging educational videos, resources and training for healthcare professionals to assist patients to understand their diagnosis more effectively and efficiently.
In order to deliver a high-quality service at times we must collect certain data and information.
Our contact details
Name: HEAL.med Community Interest Company
Address: PO Box 10825, PO BOX 10825, HEAL.med CIC, Leicester, United Kingdom, LE7 2XB
Company Number: 12746664
Phone Number: 07434 635 205
What type of information we have:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Usernames set up by the individual when downloading and registering for the app.
- Progress of how many videos have been watched, date and time of watching.
- How many app registrations there are.
- Email, contact number and name of school (for staff attending school training)
How we get the information and why we have it:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have downloaded the app and registered yourself.
- You have registered for a training event, such as school training.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a vital interest.
(c) We need it to perform a public task.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have:
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Create anonymous usernames set up by the individual when downloading and registering for the app.
- Track anonymous progress of how many videos have been watched, date and time of watching.
- Track how many app registrations there are.
- We may share this information with other NHS Organisations or other healthcare organisations.
- Send out important information or communications, unless you have opted out of our mailing list.
- Register attendance and organise certificates for specific training events, which may be distributed via a partner NHS organisation.
How we store your information:
Your information is securely stored on the deapp website which is https://deapp.nhs.uk or the HEAL.med website https://www.heal-med.co.uk.
We keep usernames stored on the app for 10 years. We will then dispose of your information by deleting this information securely via NHS regulations.
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or via phone on 07434 635 205 if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113